About Me

My photo
Ntwadumela (In-twy-do-may-la) means, “He Who Greets With Fire. With the various biblical examples of God in the Old and New Testaments manifesting his presence as fire, poet Ntwadumela simply means the poet who greets with the presence of God. As a Christian poet I am striving to express God to people, people to God, and our view of God to each other. It is my belief that the enemy of all souls has organized and specific strategies for deceiving and destroying humans. A high priority in these strategies is the dividing of us from each other, the fostering of hate in the world and the belief that if you and I don't agree that somehow means I don't have to love you. It is my desire to to shed light on these strategies and help us all to know God the more.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Harry Potter vs. the Ku Klux Klan

Some Christians are offended by Harry Potter. These Christians say that because Harry practices witchcraft they cannot help but be offended. It would be something different, these Christians say, if there was no such thing as real witchcraft, but since there are real witches trying to war against Christians, a witch who is a hero is offensive. I haven't had time to think about it much myself because I have been working on my own idea...

I am creating a character called Parry Hotter who is in training to be a grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan. I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking that this character would be offensive, and people would not want to see him because being a Klansman can never be seen in a positive light. Well, that's where you’re wrong. My young Klansman is not one of the bigoted bad Klansman, but my Klansman uses his skills for good. Parry does not burn crosses on the lawns of minority's, he burns his crosses on the lawns of the bad bigoted Klansman. He puts on his white sheet and hood to terrorize these bad Klansman and drive them away to keep the minority's safe. When these bad Klansman refuse to leave, and minorities remain in danger, then Parry has to go to the next level, and he and his friends show up in the middle of the night at the bad Klansman's home and spirit them off, and these bad Klansman will never be seen or heard of again. We must keep in mind that Parry was forced to take this drastic action because the bad Klansman are so evil and bad that they left poor young Parry with no other choice. You should also keep in mind that young Parry is really harmless, to the general public anyway, and is also so cute and innocent looking that no one could possibility be offended by him.

My character Parry Hotter should be no more offensive to the general public than Harry Potter is to Christians because when you are fighting evil, and very cute, whatever you are and whatever techniques you use can never be offensive.


Right?...Right?

Poet Ntwadumela 
From the book Christian Poems and Other Radical Explorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Atheist and the Train

I was telling my friend the atheist a story. As it turns out he didn't like my story and I don't know why. Maybe you can help me fi...